It is the end of the week so let us get into a quick roundup of the news in entertainment. A lot has happened, so let’s get caught up on a few of the highlights.
- The Punisher Season 2 is filming! Confirmation for the second season was announced in December of last year, but now the show is in the works. Since filming just started, we can expect the show to appear next year. There is not much information for now, but expect plenty of news on here when more light shines on season 2. Netflix will be giving us two shows to extend their Marvel series. Jessica Jones has her second season coming in a few weeks. Luke Cage is also getting a second season that we can expect to be released sometime this summer or fall. Be sure to check out the first season of The Punisher to see if you are interested in this upcoming second season. I do have a review for the first season if you need that extra push to go read that here: Punisher Review.
- No sequel plans for Rainbow Six Siege? That is right, Ubisoft says there are no current plans. This does not mean the franchise will stick to Siege forever, but it will be a while before we get another entry. The company plans on supporting the game for a total of 10 years. Whether that will happen or not is up to them. It looks like it is possible since the game’s popularity continues to grow. Recently it was reported the game has reached 27 million total players. Sorry to anyone who wants a sequel already, but you will have to wait more than seven more years. The game is currently in year three with a lot of essential plans coming in the coming weeks such as a temporary game mode called Outbreak that will have two more operators to play with.
- Burnout Paradise is getting a 1080p remaster, that can also run at 4K. The cost will only be at $40 too. That is right racing fans, you are going to get one hell of a deal! Not only is the game going to look amazing, but the game will run even better. It is announced the game will run at 60 frames-per-second. “We’ve given Burnout Paradise a complete graphics overhaul, with high-resolution textures and a range of technical enhancements designed to deliver all the high-octane chaos with an almost irresponsible level of visual fidelity,” says EA. Check out the new trailer that was just released:
- Experts were having their estimates about how much Black Panther was going to do at the box office. However, the new Marvel flick destroyed the already high expectations. The previous record holder for the largest grossing opening weekend in February was Deadpool. The film had a lot of publicity, excellent marketing, and had that Valentine’s Day weekend. However, Black Panther had the PG-13 rating along with all of its hype by representing the diversity that has been lacking in many Marvel films. Deadpool opened with $132 million in its weekend. Black Panther had earned $242 million. On top of that, as of writing the film has made $520 million worldwide. The other records that the film has broken consist of the biggest non-sequel opening weekend, biggest solo superhero launch, biggest Friday-Sunday opening weekend during a holiday, the biggest opening for a non-white director, the highest grossing film in North America for a black director, biggest pre-summer opening weekend, and biggest Monday gross. It is safe to say that this was a major success.
- A rumor floated around recently that the Duffer brothers would be leaving Stranger Things after season three. Despite the brothers confirming the show being four seasons, it did worry people. Thankfully Netflix came in to crush the rumor with a tweet that said, “Don’t drop your Eggos. Rumors that the Duffer Bros are leaving Stranger Things after season 3 are false.” The brothers are currently writing the third season. We can expect the next season to be late this year or sometime next year.
- Not a lot of information is out about the sequel to the highly successful IT film that came out last year. The cast has said their dream actors who will play as the grown-up versions in the sequel. Both Sophia Lillis who played Beverly wants to see Jessica Chastain play as adult Beverly, but even director Andy Muschietti has said so too. Rumor has it that Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to play as Beverly in the sequel. However, the film is in such early stages so let’s take this with a grain of salt because you never know what might happen. IT Chapter 2 starts filming this summer and has an expected release date that is aiming for September 6, 2019.
That is all for the news this week. A lot was covered, but not everything. So much happens in the world of entertainment in just a week. Be sure to keep coming back for more reviews, news, lists, and more. Comment on what exciting news has caught your attention this week.
Image via Marvel Studios