- With Deadpool 2 coming shortly and X-Force in the future, surely we will get another standalone sequel to the foul-mouthed anti-hero, well we are not sure. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly Reynolds discussed the character’s future. Despite unconditionally loving playing his dream role, the future is not what people have expected. Here is what Ryan Reynolds had to say: “I don’t know that there would be a Deadpool 3. I really don’t,” says Reynolds. “I feel like the character, in order for him to function properly within his own universe, you need to take everything away from him. I don’t think that you can keep doing that. I do see him as being a part of X-Force, obviously. I would love to see him in a team-up sort of thing, like a mano a mano or a great female character from the X-Men universe. I just think if you’re going to do another Deadpool solo film, you’ve got to really, like, get that budget down to nothing and just swing for the fences, and break all kinds of weird barriers, and do stuff that no one else can do.” Things are not entirely sure about there being no third film, but things do seem bleak for the next solo film for the character. Deadpool 2 comes out May 18, so be sure to buy your tickets soon!
- God of War has crushed a record for the PS4. After three days, the game has sold 3.1 million copies. That makes it the fastest selling exclusive on the console. The news comes from PlayStation themselves. Santa Monica Studios who developed the game had a statement from the head of the company, Shannon Studstill who says, “I would like to personally thank the millions of fans around the world who decided to embark on Kratos’ latest adventure with us. Your support is truly inspiring, and it’s a reason why we push ourselves every day to go beyond the boundaries of play. I’d also like to thank our Creative Director, Cory Barlog, and Director of Product Development, Yumi Yang and our entire amazing team at Santa Monica Studio. The belief in the game’s vision and the passion for storytelling across the team is undeniable. We look forward to hearing more about how fans are creating new memories of their favorite God of War gameplay moments that will be remembered for a long time.” With the fantastic news about how well the game is doing is an excellent sign that there are more adventures for Kratos. If you have not bought your copy, then you can check out my review for the game here.
- It is not a surprise that Avengers: Infinity War is crushing at the box office. The gigantic superhero flick has smashed the previous record holder for the biggest opening weekend in the USA which was The Force Awakens. The opening weekend numbers in the USA were at about $250 million while The Force Awakens opened with $247 million. Just this Monday the film hit $750 million worldwide and $83 million the next day. The film is tracking to hit a 1 billion by this weekend. The current record holder for the fastest for a billion is The Force Awakens by reaching those numbers in 12 days. It is safe to assume that this will be another record crushed by Avengers. If you need anymore motive to see the film, then check out my non-spoiler review here.
- People say that nobody buys music, and it is all illegal downloads, but Breaking Benjamin just proved those people wrong. The rock group just released a brand new album Ember (my review is here), and the album is crushing sales numbers. The album charted at #1 on Top Rock, Alternative, and Hard Rock. The record sold 88,000 copies in the week of April 19. This will make for the band’s third time topping at #1 on Top rock and alternative charts. The band’s first album Phobia and the 2015 album Dark Before Dawn had reached #1 on top rock. 2009’s Dear Agony had reached #1 on the alternative rock chart. With the current track record the band has, it seems the only direction they will go in the future will be up.
- CD Projekt Red who have developed The Witcher games and the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 have listed some mysterious game to show at E3. To be honest, we can all assume it is their forthcoming sci-fi game Cyberpunk 2077. All it really says is that they will be showing an RPG that comes out for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Another reason to suggest that the game is Cyberpunk is that the game’s official Twitter is alive after a long time of being dormant. E3 starts June 12 to June 14, so we do not have to wait that much longer to see what CD Projekt has up their sleeve.
- Now to end on a sad note. Guitar maker Gibson Brands Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Reported from Variety that this past Tuesday the legendary guitar company has filed bankruptcy after a devestating financial fall. The company requested protection from creditors, which will allow the company to survive. Despite the past few years the company has fallen down a bad path financially, the CEO Henry Jeszkeiwicz seems hopeful. He says he believes in the “company’s long-term stability and financial health.” Hopefully, he is right because this is horrible news to musicians and music lovers around the world. The company has many signatures that are legendary, so hopefully, there is a bright future one day.
That is it for the news. How do you feel about Ryan Reynolds’ comments about the future of Deadpool? What are some of your thoughts on Gibson filing from bankruptcy? Comment below on any of these stories or anything I may have missed that caught your eye.
Image via 20th Century Fox