1. How did your band get started?
“SHOUT is a pretty recently started band. I had some songs and an idea for a new band so I called some friends that I have known since way back, and they were game! The band and consists of me “Kriss Biggs” (Bass, lead vocals), Rob Raw (lead guitar) Danny Diemond (lead guitar) and Ol´ Hurricane (Drums) Me and Danny had played with The Scams, hitting the road all over Sweden and Europe for more than ten years – having quite the time. Ol’ Hurricane started out as a farmer boy. He learned to play the drums in a basement and later moved to the city where he met me, Danny and Rob. Rob had been Rocking out playing guitar with his band Danger touring Sweden and Europe and had no plans slowing down when joining what was to become SHOUT.”
2. What inspired you to go into this genre?
“Its what we got hooked on listening to as kids, and we have all played in different bands since our teen years within the rock genre, so it has always come natural to us, its what we love to do.”
3. Who are your inspirations that have shaped the sound of the band and how so?
“We have influences both from heavy metal, rock n roll, and punk rock. And are inspired by bands like AC/DC, Judas Priest, W.A.S.P. KISS, Iron maiden, Motorhead, Turbonegro, Rose Tattoo, Ramones, Misfits, Danzig To mention a few.”
4. What is the creative process your band takes when making an album?
“We usually write at home or in our rehearsal, sometimes after a few beer at the pub to get the right flow! And usually, we do some changes and the finishing touches in the studio. Have never written on the road I think, but its something that I’d like start doing since its probably easier to get inspired when your out playing surrounded by it all!”
5. Lyrically speaking, what inspires the themes that are written about in your music?
“Well since we mostly write about the rock and roll lifestyle itself I guess its drawn from life and stuff other bands have inspired us with, we write about the usual stuff like fast cars, girls, and rock n roll but also the freedom this lifestyle gives you, and the bond the music gives us and unites all headbangers out there!”
6. Competition in any music scene is high, so how does your band standout compare to other bands?
“Well, we don’t try to sound like any specific band or “sound” too much, we just try to write good songs with a lot of energy and power and hopefully people will recognize that and enjoy our music.”
7. What is your dream tour? Name however many bands you want to create the perfect tour.
“To tour with bands like Iron maiden or Judas priest would, of course, be awesome since they were your childhood heroes growing up, but I have always been a big Turbonegro fan and love their attitude and smart lyrics, so I guess a tour with all of them would be the ultimate one? A bit strange combination perhaps but sure fun! Haha!”
8. If you went into a completely different style of music, what would it be?
“That’s a tough one! Haha! I wouldn’t I guess, it wouldn’t feel right!”
9. With all of the downtime you get as a musician, how do you kill time?
“Haha! Downtime!? What downtime!”
10. Where would you like to travel to that you have never been?
“Never been to Japan! So that would be cool!”
11. What is a goal that you would like to see happen in your career?
“To spread our music as much as possible and to be able to play all over the world and awaken the party animal and get some heads banging!”
You can visit the band’s Facebook page here.
If you would like to see more interviews, then comment below if you like this one. This is the first review that I have ever done, so I hope you enjoy. If anyone is in a band and wants to do an interview me then my email is in the about section of my website.