- Deadpool 2 has made a record with its box office. The foul-mouthed superhero flick has hit $705 million worldwide. That passes 2017’s IT which was #3 highest grossing rated R movie. Now Deadpool 2 is #3 right behind the first Deadpool with $783 million and The Matrix Reloaded with $742 million. Rated R movies are on the rise in making a huge splash at the box office, especially with the Deadpool franchise.
- The upcoming Spider-Man game by Insomniac left a major impression on everyone at E3 this year. The video that shows gameplay and a cutscene were left with a cliffhanger as to who the mystery villain could be. In a recent video between popular Call of Duty player Dritft0r and actor Jai Alex. The two were mostly talking about Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 but since Jai acts in both Black Ops 4 and Spider-Man he let something slip. He says, “The fight sequence was particularly hard because everyone is scaled differently, you know? Doctor Octopus is really tall. Rhino is big…” Jai could have been using an example, but it sounds like Doctor Octopus will be in the game. Fans of Spider-Man figure it would be Doctor Octopus due to the Sinister Six being involved in the game, and in many comics, he is the leader of the team of supervillains. Marvel’s Spider-Man released on September 7, 2018, on PS4.
- Disturbed have announced that two of their albums have hit major milestones. Guitarist Dan Donegan confirmed on Instagram that their albums The Sickness and Ten Thousand Fists have reached the massive sales numbers. The band’s debut album The Sickness has reached 5X’s platinum in the U.S. and their third record Ten Thousand Fists has been certified double platinum. Each platinum record means a million album sales. The band has been a major player in rock and metal since 2000 with every album since the second record Believe has reached debuted number one on the Billboard 200.
View this post on Instagram
We just received word that our albums Ten Thousand Fist has been certified double platinum & The Sickness is 5X’s Platinum in the U.S. alone, which is insane cuz that came out over 18 yrs ago and is still selling like crazy! I can’t thank you all enough for your support thruout the years! Much Love & Respect #disturbedones #thesickness #tenthousandfists #droppinplates @disturbed
- Kevin Feige has let the world in on a ton of information involving the MCU. In an interview with Collider, Kevin gives some insight to the next Spider-Man, the upcoming Ant-Man sequel, and Avengers 4. He gives a rough idea when the title for Avengers 4 by saying, “That’ll be after the Captain Marvel teaser, probably. Announcing that title, it’ll be towards the end of the year, with however we launch that film.” With the year already halfway over, fans will not have much longer to get the title that will conclude this current phase of the MCU along with ending the lives of several heroes in the universe.
- In a recent report by Deadline, 20th Century Fox is finalizing a deal to adapt Stephen King’s short story The Boogeyman. The film will be worked on by the producers of the horror movie hit A Quiet Place along with the producers of the Netflix series Stranger Things. With both groups being experts in the supernatural and horror genres, this seems like the perfect match. The short story was first published in 1973 which follows a man whose children were murdered by a creature in the closet. No further details as to when we will see the film, but with Stephen King adaptions being in high demand after IT, Fox will want to get this project started right away.
- The metalcore band Fit for a King have wrapped the new album and given a lot of details about the record. The album will be titled Dark Skies and will be released on September 14, 2018. The album will be the band’s fifth release while continuing the song progress they had made in their 2016 release Death Grip. Get all of the details and pre-order the album here.
That is it for news this week. What do you think of the possible Boogeyman adaption? Are you going to be excited to listen to the new Fit for a King? What do you think of Doctor Octopus being in the new Spider-Man game? Comment below on what you think of these stories.
Header Image via 20th Century Fox